ACCSH was established under the Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act to help formulate construction standards and regulations and advise the Secretary of Labor on policy matters. ACCSH members also are consulted when OSHA recommends construction activity standards.
"We are fortunate to have some of the brightest construction industry professionals to assist us in our mission of improving the working conditions of employees in the construction industry," Chao said. "The expertise these committee members bring will help make our mission a reality."
Advisory committee members are chosen for their occupational safety and health knowledge, experience and affiliation with the construction industry. The 15-member committee meets between 2 and 4 times a year, and members generally serve 2-year terms.
"We have assembled a distinguished group of experts in the field of construction safety," said OSHA Administrator Edwin G. Foulke Jr. "The level of skill and experience these committee members possess will provide invaluable insight as we continue our mission of protecting the safety and health of construction industry employees."
Newly appointed ACCSH members include:
- Thomas R. Shanahan, assistant executive director, National Association of Roofing Contractors
- Daniel D. Zarletti, vice president/chief risk officer, Kenny Construction Company
- Elizabeth Arioto, Elizabeth Arioto Safety and Health Consulting Services
Reappointed members include:
- Thomas L. Kavicky, safety director/assistant to the president, Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters
- Frank L. Migliaccio Jr., executive director of safety and health, International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers
- Kevin D. Beauregard, assistant deputy commissioner/assistant director, Division of Occupational Safety and Health, North Carolina Department of Labor
- Steven D. Hawkins, assistant administrator, Tennessee OSHA