Fruit of the Loom Inc. CEO Rick Medlin and NIST Director Patrick Gallagher are among the National Safety Council’s selections for its 2014 list of “CEOs Who Get It,” a tribute to leaders who demonstrate a personal commitment to safety.
“Each of these leaders understands the value of a safe workplace, and ensures employees at all levels keep safety in the forefront,” the National Safety Council said in a news release.
Representing a variety of national and multinational organizations, this year’s list features 10 leaders:
- Patrick Gallagher – Undersecretary of commerce for standards and technology and director of the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Thomas Gilbane Jr. – Chairman and CEO of Providence, R.I.-based Gilbane Inc.
- Paul Hanley – Deputy assistant scretary of the Navy for safety
- Terry Kasnavia – President and CEO of PIKA International Inc.
- Craig Martin – President and CEO of Pasadena, Calif.-based Jacobs
- Rick Medlin – President and CEO of Fruit of the Loom Inc.
- Bill Monet – President and CEO of Herndon, Va.-based Akima LLC
- Michael Rencheck – President and CEO of Charlotte, N.C.-based Areva Inc.
- Elane Stock – President of Kimberly-Clark Professional, a unit of Kimberly-Clark Corp.
- Dwayne Wilson – President and CEO of Savannah River Nuclear Solutions
The National Safety Council noted that it has found four common elements in successful organizations: committed leadership and employee engagement, sound safety procedures, continuous risk reduction, and measuring and improving performance.