Today marks the 18th America Recycles Day.
“It is important to recognize the contribution that recycling makes to protecting our environment, conserving natural resources and helping our economy,” said Mathy Stanislaus, assistant administrator for the Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
“As described in the President’s America Recycles Day Proclamation, this is a day for all Americans to renew their commitment and to look for new opportunities to reduce waste and conserve resources.”
The EPA offers five tips for being more environmentally savvy in the office:
- Instead of printing hard copies of your documents, save them to your hard drive or email them to yourself to save paper.
- Make your printer environmentally friendly. Change your printer settings to make double-sided pages. Use small point fonts when possible and use the “fast draft" setting when possible to save ink.
- Pay your bills via e-billing programs when possible to save paper.
- Use paper clips (over staples) when possible.
- Reuse envelopes with metal clasps and reuse file folders by sticking a new label over the previous one.