The American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) will be introducing eight new distinguished fellows at the 2018 American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce EXP) in Philadelphia.
The occupational and environmental health and safety professionals were nominated by their peers and recognized for their exceptional contributions to the industrial hygiene profession.
"The Fellow designation symbolizes a steadfast commitment to the industrial hygiene field and I take pride in honoring these extraordinary AIHA members," said Deborah Imel Nelson, PhD, CIH, AIHA president, in a statement. "We thank all of them for their outstanding contributions to the industrial hygiene profession."
Fellows are nominated either by an individual or by an AIHA local section, special interest group, committee or other formal entity. The AIHA Board of Directors chose the fellows after a recommendation by the Awards Nomination Committee.
The new 2018 AIHA Fellows are as follows:
- Andrew Maier, PhD, CIH, DABT—Nominated by Jerald Ovesen, PhD, Toxicology Committee
- Charles L. Blake, CIH—Nominated by Bob Lieckfield, Jr., CIH, FAIHA, Yuma Pacific Southwest Section (YPSW)
- Eric Esswein, MSPH, CIH, CIAQP—Nominated by Bradley King, PhD, MPH, CIH, AIHA Rocky Mountain Local Section
- Julie M. Panko, CIH—Nominated by Frank, J Pokrywka, Ed.D., CIH, Pittsburgh Local Section
- Murray Lee Cohen, PhD, CIH—Nominated by Hayley Rutt, North Texas Local Section
- Philip A. Smith, PhD, CIH—Nominated by Lee Monteith, CIH, FAIHA, Real Time Detection Systems Committee
- Tuan N. Nguyen, MBA, CIH, CSP, ARM—Nominated by Bonnie L. Sander, MS, CIH, CSP and Mary O'Reilly, PhD, CIH, CPE, FAIHA
- Walter G. Rostykus, PhD, CIH, CSP, CPE—Nominated by Blake McGowan, CPE