The Voluntary Protection Programs Participants'' Association (VPPPA) announced the election of one new member and the re-election of five members to the national Board of Directors.
Elections were held during the 16th Annual VPPPA Conference last week in Seattle, Wash., and the new board members were officially introduced during the closing general session.
Newly-elected member Don Jones, PE, CSP, will serve as director-at-large. Jones is the safety manager with Dow Chemical Co. in Plaquemine, La.
Re-elected board members include:
- Chairperson: June S. Brothers, CSP, group director of human resources for Georgia-Pacific in Atlanta, Ga.
- Treasurer: Mike Maddox, Mundy Companies, director of training/corporate VPP coordinator in Houston, Texas.
- Labor Representative from a Site Without a Collective Bargaining Agent: Charles W. Marum, maintenance coordinator for Pharmacia Co. in Augusta, Ga.
- Director-at-Large: Monty Gartin, process technician with Exxon Mobil in Joliet, Ill.
- Director-at-Large: Michael Guillory, loss prevention supervisor, Monsanto Agricultural Group, Luling, La.
There are 11 elected VPPPA Board of Directors members who serve two-year terms. The board meets quarterly to oversee the direction of the association.
The VPPPA was formed in 1985 by representatives of worksites and their companies who were participants in OSHA''s Voluntary Protection Program.
On average, sites participating in VPP have overall lost workday rates at or below 50 percent of the industry average.
More than 650 U.S. worksites are VPP participants.
by Virginia Sutcliffe