The American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) identified its top public policy issues for the coming year.
The policy issues include:
- OSHA reform issues, including third party workplace review legislation;
- permissible exposure limits (PELs) standard setting;
- ergonomics standard;
- health and safety program standard;
- professional recognition/title protection legislation and regulation;
- laboratory accreditation issues;
- indoor air quality standard;
- regulatory reform legislation;
- risk assessment legislation, and
- OH&S small business assistance legislation.
"These are the most crucial issues in public policy facing our collective profession," said Steven Levine, CIH, president of AIHA. "Together, we must let the public and government officials know that we are serious when it comes to protecting people in the workplace and at home from hazards and the like."
For more information on AIHA''s public policy, go to www.aiha.org.
by Virginia Sutcliffe