Agenda items include:
- Trenching data and initiative;
- Standards update;
- National Occupational Research Agenda update from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health;
- Consideration of the draft direct final rule for rollover protective structures in construction;
- Work group reports;
- Cooperative programs update;
- Office of Training and Education update;
- North Carolina tower erection standard report; and
- Discussion on steel erection -- slipperiness of metal decking and vanishing oils.
The committee will meet from 8:30 to 4:30 p.m. on June 23, and from 8:30 a.m. to noon on June 24, in room N-3437 A-C, of the Frances Perkins Department of Labor Building.
The ACCSH work groups will meet June 21-22 in the same location. The work group schedule is for June 21 is:
- 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. -- Silica work group
- 10:45 a.m to 12:45 p.m. -- Trenching work group
- 2 to 4 p.m. -- Noise work group
The work group schedule for June 22 is:
- 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. -- Fall protection work group
- 10:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. -- Rollover protective structures work group
- 2 to 4 p.m. -- OSHA Training Institute work group
Written data, views or comments for consideration by the committee may be submitted to Veneta Chatmon, U.S. Department of Labor, OSHA, Office of Communications, Room N-3647, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, D.C., 20210. Twenty copies are needed. Those submissions received prior to the meeting will be included in the record of the meeting.
Anyone wishing to make an oral presentation to the committee on any of the agenda items should notify OSHA at the above address. The request should specify the amount of time desired, the capacity in which the person will appear and a brief outline of the presentation. ACCSH may grant requests to speak, as time permits, at the discretion of the ACCSH chairperson.
Individuals needing special accommodations should contact Chatmon at (202) 693-1999 or by fax at (202) 693-1635, no later than June 9.