Topics on the agenda include:
- Establishing an infrastructure that will support safety excellence in global manufacturing;
- Recognizing and addressing internal environmental health hazards created by manufacturing processes; Ergonomics;
- Involving employees in the safety process;
- Minimizing the threat of terrorism in manufacturing; Implementing a worldwide risk assessment protocol; and
- Safeguarding for robotics and advanced manufacturing systems.
Safety professionals from Coca-Cola and General Motors will make presentations during the symposium, and attendees will have an opportunity to take technical tours to observe safety operations at nearby Georgia-Pacific and CIBA Vision.
Dr. Richard D. Fulwiler, CIH, CHSM, president of Technology Leadership Associates, will open the symposium with his presentation titled "Achieving and Sustaining Health and Safety Excellence in Manufacturing" on three critical factors that have a proven track record of success.