ACCSH advises the agency on standards, policies and practices related to the protection of construction workers from worksite hazards.
The committee will meet from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 8 and from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Dec. 9 in room N-3437 A-C, of the Frances Perkins Department of Labor Building, which is located at 200 Constitution Ave. NW in Washington.
Agenda items include:
- Trenching Data and Initiative update;
- Trench/excavation rescue presentation;
- Standards update;
- Work group assignments and reports;
- OSHA hurricane response and FEMA annex;
- Activation overview;
- OSHA's role in National Response Plan; and
- OSHA Partnership, Alliance, Challenge, and Voluntary Protection Program for construction update.
Work Groups Will Meet Dec. 6-7
The ACCSH work groups will meet Dec. 6-7 in the Frances Perkins Building as follows:
- Diversity/Multilingual work group Dec. 6, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Room S-4215
- Roll-Over Protective Structures work group Dec. 6, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Room S-4215
- Trenching work group Dec. 7, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Room S-2217
- Residential Fall Protection work group Dec. 7, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Room S-2217
How to Submit Comments
Written data, views or comments for consideration by the committee may be submitted to Veneta Chatmon, U.S. Department of Labor, OSHA, Office of Communications, Room N-3647, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, D.C., 20210.
Twenty copies are needed. Those submissions received prior to the meeting will be included in the record of the meeting.
Anyone wishing to make an oral presentation to the committee on any of the agenda items should notify OSHA at the above address. The request should specify the amount of time desired, the capacity in which the person will appear and a brief outline of the presentation. ACCSH may grant requests to speak, as time permits, at the discretion of the ACCSH chairperson.
Individuals needing special accommodations should call Chatmon at (202) 693-1999 no later than Dec. 2.