Date: This webinar is now available On-Demand.
Duration: 1 Hour
Event Type: On-Demand Webinar
There is still a lot of misleading, inaccurate and incorrect information regarding selecting the proper FR Clothing, how to properly wear, care for and maintain FR/AR Clothing.
According to OSHA "Flame-Resistant (FR) Clothing is required under 29 CFR 1910.132" and is also mentioned in other sections of the OSHA standards. Flame Resistant Clothing is used in the petroleum industry, electrical industry, O&G Exploration and other types of industries where there is a danger of a worker being injured by the various thermal hazards.
The proper selection of PPE is very important. In this seminar you will see that though the thermal hazards may be different for different industries the basics for selection, use, care and maintenance of FR Clothing share some similarities.
You will be introduced to the regulations, the standards and the general "best practices" for implementing a FR/AR clothing program that are utilized in the Selection, Use, Care and Maintenance of FR/AR Garments for Arc Flash and Flash Fire hazards.
Attendees will take away (for Flash Fire):
- The importance fo NFPA 2112 Certified garments
- How to design a specification for your company for FR Clothing
- To become familiar with the Regulations OSHA 1910.132 and Standards NFPA 2112 and 2113
- Selection, Use, Care and Maintenance of your FR garments for Flash Fire Hazards
Attendees will take away (for Arc Flash):
- Understanding Hazard Assessment for Arc Flash
- The Importance of NFPA70E and 1910.269
- Incident Energy, ATPV and layering
- How to design a specification for your company for AR Clothing
Technical Training Manager
Bulwark Protective Apparel