Stakeholders on the Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) will meet next month to discuss amendments and clarification to current construction standards.
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced the meeting will take place on July 17 and July 18 in Washington D.C.
The agenda includes updates from OSHA directorates. Other topics include a discussion of proposals to add a reference to the definition of “confined space” that applies to welding activities in construction and to clarify the requirements for the fit of personal protective equipment in construction.
The meetings are open to the public and will take place at the following times:
Wednesday, July 17: 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, July 17: 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Both meetings will be held in Conference Rooms N-5437 A-D at the U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20210.
Interested parties can submit comments and requests to speak at http://www.regulations.gov, the Federal eRulemaking Portal, by mail, or facsimile. Comments and requests must be submitted by July 5.
The DOL recently selected 15 new and reappointed members to serve on the committee comprised of the public, employers, employees, and federal and state government interests. Each member serves a two-year term. The newly appointed members are:
- Mark S. Mullins, national coordinator, Elevator Industry Work Preservation Fund
- Richard Tessier, director of safety, United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers & Allied Workers Representative Research & Education Joint Trust
- Christina Trahan Cain, safety and health director, North America’s Building Trades Unions
- Fravel Combs, corporate manager, EHS, M.A. Mortenson Company
- Greg Sizemore, vice president of health, Safety, Environment and Workforce Development, Associated Builders and Contractors
- Wesley L. Wheeler, national director of Safety, National Electrical Contractors Association
- Christopher A. Fought, global construction & North America contractor safety manager, General Motors LLC
- Christopher “Scott” Mabry, assistant deputy commissioner, North Carolina Department of Labor
- Dr. G. Scott Earnest, Ph.D., C.S.P., P.E., deputy director, Office of Construction Safety & Health, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
The reappointed members are:
- Palmer L. Hickman, director of safety and code training and curriculum development, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Electrical Training Alliance
- Randall A. Krocka, administrator and project director, Sheet Metal Occupational Health Institute Trust, International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers
- Kevin R. Cannon, C.S.P., senior director, safety and health services, Associated General Contractors of America (ACCSH Chair)
- Cindy DePrater, senior vice president, chief environmental, health & safety officer, Turner Construction Company
- R. Ronald Sokol, C.S.P., president & CEO, Safety Council of Texas City
- Charles N. Stribling, C.S.P., OSH federal-state coordinator, Kentucky Labor Cabinet, Department of Workplace Standards