- Read the operator's manual carefully and make sure you understand the instructions before using the machine.
- Check your equipment. Choose the right-sized saw for the job, then make sure it's properly serviced and that the bar and chain is in good condition.
- Make sure you are aware of power line locations at all times. Never work around fallen power lines or cut material on or in close contact with a power line.
- Use extreme caution when working on downed trees. The tension stored in a fallen tree can be powerful and substantial force may be released when the wood is cut.
- Always wear approved protective apparel including a protective helmet, hearing protection, goggles or visor, gloves and chaps when operating a chain saw or other outdoor power equipment.
- Don't work when you're over-tired. Fatigue may cause you to overlook things or take a risky shortcut.
For additional storm clean up tips, visit Husqvarna's Web site at www.husqvarna.com.