The PSA's are a part of EPA's continuing outreach to the affected regions as communities recover.
Since cleanup activities can pose significant health and environmental challenges, the PSAs are designed to highlight possible hazardous situations residents may be exposed to such as:
- Leaking natural gas lines,
- Carbon monoxide poisoning from using un-vented fuel-burning equipment indoors;
- Toxic fumes from household cleaners and disinfectants,
- Airborne asbestos and lead dust,
- Hazardous waste, and
- Contaminated flood water.
To listen to the PSAs, visit www.epa.gov/katrina/newsroom/psa.html.