Occupational Hazards, the magazine that provides you daily news updates at occupationalhazards.com, has announced the winners of its fifth Champions of Safety contest. The magazine's annual contest recognizes companies and individuals for superior achievements in occupational safety and health.
The 1999 contest winners:
- The employees of Avery Dennison Fasson Roll, Ajax Pickering, Ontario, Canada;
- The employees of Moen Inc. Fixture Finishing Operation, Sanford, N.C.; and
- Stephen A. Brown, union safety representative, Potlatch Corp. Consumer Products Division, Lewiston, Idaho.
The 1999 finalists:
- The employees of EC Company, Portland, Ore.; and
- Kent A. Neerhof, health and safety manager, Louisiana Pacific Corp., North Central Region, Sagola, Mich.
The 1999 winners and finalists will be featured in the November issue of Occupational Hazards.