CURT's annual CISE Awards recognize safety leaders in all segments of the construction industry. The competition is open to CURT members, national contractor associations and local construction user councils nationwide. Entries were judged by a panel of construction and engineering executives who represent major corporations that are among the largest consumers in the construction industry.
The 2003 Owner Safety Awards (recognizes owners for managing contractor safety performance):
Best Operating Entity:
- Merck & Company Inc., of West Point, Pa., and Air Products &
- Chemicals Inc. of Allentown, Pa.
Best International Project:
- Rohm and Haas Co., Croydon, Pa/Mumbai, India; ConocoPhillips, Houston; and ExxonMobil Chemical Co., Houston.
Best U.S. Project Site:
- Shell Global Solutions (US) Inc., Houston, and ExxonMobil Chemical Co., Houston.
2003 Constructor Safety Awards (recognizes contractors' outstanding three-year safety performance):
Building Construction-General Contractors and Operative Builders:
- Horizon Constructors, Houston; Bancroft Construction Co., Wilmington, Del.; Yates Construction Co., Philadelphia, Miss.; J.B. Henderson Construction, Albuquerque; and Hardin Construction Co. LLC.
- Heavy Construction Other Than Building Construction: Cajun Constructors Inc., Baton Rouge, La.; DeKalb Pipeline Co., Conyers, Ga.; and Fluor Constuctors International Inc., Greenville, S.C.
- Construction Special Trades: American National Insulation, a MASCO Co., Albuquerque; Nichols Construction Co. LLC, Jefferson, La.; Brock Maintenance Inc., Deer Park, Tex.; and MMR Group, Baton Rouge, La.
2003 Local User Council Safety Excellence Award (new category recognizing user council safety initiatives):
- Kentuckiana Construction Users Council, Louisville.