"Working with COSHA and cultivating a relationship that will provide each organization and its members with further information and opportunities to expand scientific knowledge has been a long-term strategic goal for AIHA," said AIHA President Donna Doganiero. "I am very excited to lead this collaboration on behalf of AIHA and to promote global health and safety partnerships."
After a recent meeting in Beijing, China, AIHA and COSHA agreed to:
- Exchange copies of their journals and magazines.
- Explore the possibility of conducting or providing the members of the other association with educational and training opportunities, including distance-learning programming.
- Provide representative delegations from each association with reduced registration rates for annual conferences and educational program attendance.
- Explore the possibility of extending participation in the AIHA Laboratory Quality Assurance Program to Chinese laboratories.
- Cooperate with representative delegations during official visits, as a way to keep the two organizations current with each other's activities and to ensure that opportunities for meaningful collaboration are nurtured.
AIHA is continuing its outreach efforts internationally, in other parts of Asia as well as other parts of the world, to cultivate global relationships while promoting workplace health and safety.