NACOSH advises the secretaries of labor and health and human services on occupational safety and health programs. Members of the 12-person advisory committee are chosen on the basis of their knowledge and experience in occupational safety and health.
The meeting will be held from 9 a.m. until 4:45 p.m. in Room N4437 (B-D) of the Department of Labor Frances Perkins Building, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, 20210.
Agenda items include updates on activities of both OSHA and NIOSH, as well as follow-up reports on the NACOSH workgroups. Presentations also will be made on the National Occupational Research Agenda, enforcement update, alliances and partnerships and a standards update.
The U.S. Department of Labor also announced the appointment of two new members and the re-appointment of five members to NACOSH. The newly appointed members are:
- Joseph L. Holtshouser, CIH, CSP, Holtshouser Consulting management representative
- Kevin M. Sommers, Fraternal Order of Police Grand Lodge labor representative
The re-appointed members are:
- Donald Carson, center director, hazmat program, International Union of Operating Engineers labor representative
- Peter DeLuca, JD, administrator, Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division public representative
- Vickie Wells, MS, director, Occupational Safety & Health, San Francisco Department of Public Health public representative
- Julia Faucett, RN, Ph.D., FAAN, professor and chair, Department of Community Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of California health representative
- James Stanley, president, F.D.R. Safety safety representative
Written data, views or comments for consideration by the committee may be submitted, preferably with 20 copies, to Wilfred Epps (phone: 202-693-1857; fax: 202-693-1641; e-mail [email protected]) at OSHA, Room N3641, 200 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington, 20210; or check the NACOSH information pages located at http://www.osha.gov.
Individuals with disabilities wishing to attend the meeting and who require special accommodations should contact Veneta Chatmon (phone: 202-693-1912; fax: 202-693-1634) one week before the meeting.