EHS Today is the media partner for the China EHS Summit 2012, scheduled for Dec. 10-11 at the Crowne Plaza Century Park Hotel in Shanghai, China.
The summit offers insight to the latest environmental and safety policies and regulations in China, as well as an overview of EHS best practices and work safety. Approximately 10,000 people, including high-level government representatives and executives, are expected to attend.
After passing the 12th 5-year plan of safe production, the state council also passed the 12th 5-year plan of energy conservation and emission reduction, which means that there is a clear national plan and strategy for energy conservation, emission reduction and safe production. With that strategy in mind, the summit will include:
- Interpretation of the latest environmental policies, regulations and regulatory cases;
- An overview and outlook for work safety in China;
- Information about compliance with environmental and work safety regulations;
- Guidance about implementing comprehensive EHS programs and their impact on corporate social responsibilities;
- Information related to continuous improvement and innovation for EHS to promote sustainability;
- Developing leadership skills in EHS;
- Small business guidance in environmental and risk management and safety;
- Transportation security;
- Emergency response;
- Remediation of soil pollution, prevention and repair;
- Management of waste disposal and wastewater treatment, as well as managing shared water risk; and
- The acquisition and use of personal protective equipment and EHS services.
For more information, visit the event Web site at http://www.ecvinternational.com/EHS/.