Machine guarding isn’t an option in industrial environments. The wrong type of guarding or lack of guarding pose a significant risk to manufacturers. Noncompliance can lead to fines, higher workers’ compensation costs, high turnover rates and lost productivity.
Don’t assume your facility is protected. Key questions to ask yourself before deciding your facility is safe include:
- Do I know whether I’ve installed proper guarding to remain in compliance and keep my workers safe?
- Have I completed a comprehensive safety and compliance assessment to determine any potential shortfalls or risks?
- Do my current guarding solutions ensure workers remain productive, while ensuring their safety?
- Do I understand the potential consequences for ignoring guarding requirements or failing to install proper guarding?
- Have I considered the most cost-effective solutions without sacrificing employee safety, productivity or compliance?
This FAQ provides detailed insights into strategies industrial facilities should adopt to ensure their approach to machine guarding meets current industry safety standards without hurting productivity or significantly increasing costs.
Download the FAQ to learn more about how machine guarding requirements could impact your facility and ways to ensure you’re safe and compliant.