CGA announced awards in five categories:
Fleet Safety Excellence Awards
These awards were created in 1988 to recognize outstanding safety performance among the industry’s bulk and cylinder truck delivery fleets. Winners in the four categories include:
- Bulk Gas Transportation, under 20 million miles – Western International Gas and Cylinders
- Bulk Gas Transportation, more than 20 million miles – Praxair Inc.
- Cylinder Gas Transportation, under 3 million miles – Western International Gas and Cylinders
- Cylinder Gas Transportation, more than 3 million miles – Linde North America Inc.
Leonard Parker Pool Safety Awards
The Leonard Parker Pool Safety Awards awards are presented in memory of Leonard Parker Pool, the founder and former chief executive of Air Products and Chemicals Inc., to participating CGA member companies that have recorded the greatest improvement in safety performance during the previous 2 years. The criteria are based upon the total recordable case incidence rates as defined by OSHA. This year’s winners include:
- Over 5 million employee exposure hours – American Air Liquide Holdings Inc.
- Over 1.5 million to 5 million employee exposure hours – Matheson Tri-Gas
- Under 1.5 million employee exposure hours – Roberts Oxygen Company Inc.
Chart Industries Award
The Chart Industries Award for significant and dedicated service to the Compressed Gas Association was awarded to Patrick F. Murphy of Linde North America Inc. This award is presented to an individual who best exemplifies the character, commitment and excellence prevalent in the volunteers from CGA member companies, and who consistently and tirelessly upholds and furthers the mission of the CGA.
Charles H. Glasier Safety Award
This award is given in memory of Charles H. Glasier, a leader in the industry, a strong supporter of safety and a former CGA chairman and active participant in CGA for more than 40 years. The award is presented annually to an individual in recognition of their safety leadership in the industrial gas industry. This year’s award recipient is Rob Early of Praxair Inc.
Environmental Recognition Awards
The environmental recognition program enables CGA to identify and share good environmental practices as well as promote environmental awareness and improvements within companies and the industry. The awards are presented annually to deserving individuals, teams or facilities that have conducted activities that meet identified “environmental excellence” criteria. Winners include:
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (2 projects)
- FIBA Technologies Inc.
- Linde North America Inc.
- Matheson Tri-Gas Inc.
- Praxair Inc. (4 projects)