1. Employee Assistance Reporting
Workers should have access to anonymous reporting with an 800 number.
2. Management Commitment and Worker Participation
Companies should have a zero tolerance policy for threats of violence and a duty to report.
3. Security Assessment
Employers need to perform a worksite analysis hazard identification.
4. Hazard Prevention and Control
Security, cameras, access control and pre-employment screening are some of the ways employers can protect workers from workplace violence.
5. Security and Safety Training for All Employees
Consider e-learning as a source to train your workers.
6. Recordkeeping Program Evaluation
Your workplace violence plan should incorporate incident tracking, follow-up investigation, corrective action and lessons learned.