Date: This webinar is available on demand.
Originally Broadcast: Thursday, November 1, 2018 | 2:00 p.m. EDT (GMT -4, New York)
Duration: 1 Hour
Event Type: On Demand Webinar
Your company has a great occupational safety and health program. It trains its employees and has a safety incentive program that employees love. Then an employee ignores his training and fails to lock out a machine, injuring himself, and OSHA comes knocking. This webinar will explore the human factor in occupational safety and health and how it impacts OSHA enforcement actions.
Topics covered will include:
- Acknowledging that OH&S programs can only minimize risk, not eliminate it
- Factors that lead to a successful OH&S program, including training, auditing, and discipline
- How to instill a safety culture at your company with employee buy-in
- Determining leading indicators of OH&S risks rather than relying on lagging indicators
- How to defend an OSHA citation where the condition cited resulted from employee misconduct.
- How to establish the employee misconduct defense
Travis Vance, Partner, Fisher Phillips
Travis Vance is a partner in the firm’s Charlotte office. He has tried matters across several industries and various subject matters, including employment litigation, business disputes and matters prosecuted by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Travis has emerged as a thought leader in the field of workplace safety. His writing and interviews are followed closely by experts in the safety arena and have been featured in premiere publications such as Business Insurance, EHS Today, and the Wall Street Journal.
This webinar will be conducted using a slides-and-audio format. After you complete your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with details for joining the webinar.
System test (opens in a new window)