Environmental consciousness is at the forefront of workers' minds, and your company's culture could be affected by it.
A new survey by UK commercial property agents Savoy Stewart asked 1,703 office workers about their opinions on their company's green initiatives.
Respondents scored their current offices in terms of eco-friendliness, and most answers averaged at only 2.1 out of 5 (1 = not eco-friendly at all and 5 = very eco-friendly).
In addition, survey results indicated that employers aren't implementing enough in terms of eco-incentive office features, which Savoy Stewart listed as:
- Energy efficient utilities/devices (42%)
- Office challenges and green policies (32%)
- Eco-friendly office design and architecture (31%)
- Abundance of plant-life (27%)
- In-office sustainability team (14%)
- Chemical-free washing/cleaning products (12%)
Workers who took the survey said changing the use of utilities and devices will have the most environmental impact in the office, followed by a change in office designs, mindsets, and lastly materials and supplies.