The Fire Service-Based EMS Electronic Tool Kit: Resources for Leaders is a free, Web-based selection of critical facts, documents and videos that support fire chiefs and others as they engage in discussions with policymakers and the public on the role of fire service-based EMS in their communities.
The current economic environment, coupled with opportunities presented as part of national health-care reform, has prompted many communities to consider various model of EMS delivery. Now more than ever, fire and emergency service leaders need to understand and be able to articulate to policymakers and the public the effective, efficient nature of fire service-based EMS, according to the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFC).
The toolkit’s resources include:
- More than a dozen talking points;
- An article focusing on pathway management;
- A guidebook for fire-based emergency medical services systems;
- Information on the benefits of multi-role firefighters;
- A National Medical Report video; and more.
The toolkit is provided as a cooperative effort between IAFC and the Metropolitan Fire Chiefs Association.
The toolkit can be downloaded as a PDF here.