Led by incoming President Allan K. Fleeger, CIH, CSP, the 2012 AIHA Board of Directors also includes: Barbara J. Dawson, CIH, CSP, as president-elect; Christine A.D. Lorenzo, CIH, as vice president; Elizabeth L. Pullen, CIH, as past president; Daniel H. Anna, PhD, CIH, CSP, as secretary; Charles F. Redinger, PhD, CIH, as secretary-elect; and Steven E. Lacey, PhD, CIH, CSP, as treasurer.
Michael B. Amster, CIH, CSP, CHMM, PE, was elected as an AIHA director. He has been a member of AIHA since 1978 and serves as the principal consultant of M.B. Amster & Associates Inc. in Concord, Mass. Joseph (Barry) Graffeo, CIH, also was elected as an AIHA director. He has been a member of AIHA since 1991 and serves as industrial hygienist for Eli Lilly & Co. in Indianapolis. They join William (Billy) H. Bullock, DHSc, CIH, CSP; Dianne Grote Adams, CIH, CSP, CPEA; Cheryl (Cheri) L. Marcham, PhD, CIH, CSP, CHMM; and Kathleen S. Murphy, CIH, on the AIHA Board of Directors.
The new board members will be inducted into office at AIHA’s annual business meeting on Thursday, June 21, during the annual American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce) in Indianapolis.
AIHA also has announced its 2012 distinguished fellows, who will be honored at AIHce during the general session on Tuesday, June 19, and at the Fellows Special Interest Group meeting on June 20. The fellow designation was established to recognize members who have been full members in good standing for a minimum of 15 years and have made recognized contributions to industrial hygiene or related disciplines, either through research, leadership, publications, education, or service to AIHA.
The following individuals have been named AIHA 2012 Fellows:
- David S. Abrams, CIH
- Glenn J. Barbi, CIH
- Thomas E. Bernard, Ph.D., CIH
- Edward C. Bishop, Ph.D., PE, CIH
- Jonathan Borak, M.D., DABT
- Peggy A. Brady, Ph.D., PE, CIH
- Roy Deitchman, JD, CIH
- Christopher P. Dellacqua, CSP, CIH
- C. Dan Flinta, CIH, CSP
- Andrew A. Havics, CHMM, CIH, PE
- Stephen W. Hemperly, MS, CIH, CSP, CLSO
- Thomas A. Hethmon, CIH, ROH, MAIOH
- Jeffrey B. Hicks, CIH
- Cynthia J. Hines, CIH
- David E. Kos, CIH
- James H. Lucas, Jr., Ph.D., CHMM, CIH, CSP, REM, CHCM, CSEM
- Cheryl L. Marcham, Ph.D., CIH, CSP, CHMM
- Richard N. Matherne, CIH
- Stephen D. Paul, CIH
- Greg W. Richey, CIH, CSP, MS
- Sharon Sperber Rosen, CIH
- Stanley Rosen, Ph.D., PE, CIH, CSP
- George M. Rusch, Ph.D., DABT
- David B. Sandusky, CIH
- Eugene A. Satrun, CIH, CSP, LIH
- Bernard D. Silverstein, CIH
- Sidney Siu, MD, CIH
- John P. Springston, CIH, CSP, MS
- Mark R. Stenzel, CIH
- Carol Stuart-Buttle, CPE
- William M. Vining, Jr., CIH
- Alan J. Weinrich, CIH, CET, CAE
For more information about the AIHA Fellows, visit the AIHA Web site.