Following the announcement of a rebranding, AIHA has introduced its new board of directors for the 2020-2021 year.
The organization recently shortened its name, introduced a new logo and launched an initative to focus on the entire occupational health and safety profession.
CEO Larry Sloan commented, "The new members will bring leadership and expertise in their respective fields, and more importantly, they're committed to improving worker health and safety. Joining our board demonstrates their passion for creating healthier workplaces and a healthier world."
The following officers for the 2020-2021 year as announced at the June 11 meeting include:
- President J. Lindsay Cook, MSPH, CIH, CSP, FAIHA
- President-elect John R. Mulhausen, PhD, CIH, CSP, FAIHA
- Vice president Donna S. Heidel, MS, CIH, FAIHA
- Past president Kathy S. Murphy, CIH
- Secretary Dina Siegel, CIH, CSP, CBSP, FAIHA
- Secretary-elect Bradley S. King, PhD, MPH, CIH
- Treasurer Nicole Greeson, M.S., CIH
- AIHA CEO Lawrence D. Sloan, MBA, CAE (ex-officio)
The following AIHA members will also serve as AIHA directors for 2020-21:
- Lucinette Alvarado, M.S., CIH
- Kimberly M. Castillon, CIH
- Srinivas Durgam, CIH, CSP
- Bernard L. Fontaine, Jr., CIH, CSP, FAIHA
- Pamela Kostle, M.S., CIH, FAIHA
- Michael Ochs, MPA, CIH, CSP
Outgoing President Cynthia A. Ostrowski, CIH, FAIHA, and past director Michele M. Twilley, DrPH, CIH will remain active volunteers with AIHA.
Sloan thanked the former members are said in a statement, "Cindy and Michele have made lasting contributions to the association. Through their efforts, they have helped to raise the bar on the caliber of AIHA programs and services, which advance our mission."