According to the MOU Scope of Cooperation, both AIHA and NSC agree to:
- Work together to promote their goals and objectives;
- Allow each other to publish copyrighted articles and publications;
- Share in educational and training opportunities within the organizations;
- Participate in organization-sponsored conferences;
- Explore the possibility of fostering participation in the AIHA Laboratory Quality Assurance Programs and Affiliate Laboratory Programs among Indian laboratories;
- Liaise with delegations from the counterpart organization to stay abreast of the collaborating organization’s operations and ensure that partnership is nurtured; and
- Work to advance industrial hygiene practice in India through professional certification, laboratory accreditation and proficiency testing.
AIHA President Cathy Cole, CIH, CSP, and NSC India Director General V.B. Sant signed the MOU, which will be valid for 3 years.
NSC India was established in 1966 by the Ministry of Labour, Government of India. The goal of the organization is “to generate, develop, and sustain a voluntary movement on safety, health, and the environment at the national level.” To achieve this goal, NSC India conducts educational courses, conferences, seminars, and workshops, and participates in international conferences, such as the World Congress and the Asia Pacific Occupational Safety and Health Organization Conference.