EHS Today now is accepting applications for the 2015 America’s Safest Companies recognition program. The application can be downloaded here, and provides a snapshot of your safety program: what drives it, what challenges it and what can be shared with other companies looking to achieve the same results.
Questions provide input into:
- Your company/management philosophy regarding safety.
- Examples of management’s dedication to safe production.
- Employee engagement in the safety process.
- The key elements of your occupational safety and health program.
- The role safety plays in the way your company does business.
- The important elements of your safety process.
- How you track and verify your safety performance.
- Examples where your safety process went beyond compliance.
- Why your company should be named one of America’s Safest Companies.
Previous winners have included manufacturing companies, construction firms, laboratories, printing companies, engineering firms, heavy industrial, remediation companies, oil and gas exploration frims, mining companies and much more.
Applications can be submitted from May 1 to July 15, 2015. Companies that already have been named one of America’s Safest must wait five years before re-applying. America’s Safest Companies is a corporate award – not a facility award – although autonomous business units will be considered.
Winners will be expected to attend the awards program, which will be held in Greenville, S. C., as part of the Safety Leadership Conference, scheduled for Oct. 26-28.