VPPPA and the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) have agreed to collaborate on a variety of efforts to improve workplace safety throughout the United States.
The new partnership will utilize effective prevention strategies and technology as well as encourage students to pursue careers in occupational safety and health.
- Communications, outreach and development strategies are outlined in the agreement between VPPPA and BCSP. The specified efforts the collaboration will pursue include:The organizations will work together to develop and disseminate information on management systems and best practices for occupational safety and health on the job through print an electronic media including the VPPPA and BCSP websites.
- Recruiting efforts for students to enter occupational safety and health technical, undergraduate and graduate programs will be strengthened through the alliance, according to the agreement.
- Competency and competency certifications in the workplace will be supported at all levels of the organization.
- Both VPPPA and BCSP will participate in conferences, meetings and other key events where worker safety and health and professional development opportunities are addressed.
- The transfer of occupational health and safety research findings will be promoted and facilitated to safety and health professionals across the United States.
In order to maintain a successful partnership, both VPPPA and BSCP plan to meet to share information, review the status of any outreach activities and evaluate results of any programs or efforts, per the agreement.